Jobkit >> Starting your new job
Congratulations on getting your new position. You have worked hard to get here so it is important to make sure that you are able to settle in and make a good first impression and contribution as soon as possible. Use the following tips and checklists to prepare and make your first day a success:
- What time am I expected to start? Aim to be there 10 minutes earlier.
- Who should I report to? What is their telephone number in case of any problems?
- What is the best way to travel to work and should I do a trial run?
- What type of clothing am I expected to wear? (Protective overall, smart clothing, safety boots etc.)
- Do I need to change any of my existing arrangements because I am starting work? (someone else to take the children to school)
- Will I need to take any equipment/tools with me?
- What else will I need to take? (e.g. glasses, pen, paper)
- Do I need my bank account details, P45 and National Insurance Number?
- Shall I take some refreshments?
- Finally, get a good night’s sleep.